Frequently asked questions

Answers to commonly asked questions regarding setting up a US Company

How are you different from the other company formation vendors?
FAQ Hover Off

Startfleet allows you to focus on planning and strategizing your next big idea. Unlike other competitors, we assist with everything you may require, including company formation, assistance with bank accounts, domain names, website legal forms, payment processing, tax filings, and everything in between. StartFleet also partners with various vendors and companies to help you as a founder. To date, our partner network offers more than $500,000 in perks and rewards to boost your business

Where can I register my company?
FAQ Hover Off

We primarily assist customers in registering their businesses in Wyoming, Delaware, and Florida. If you wish, we can also help you form your company in the other 47 United States; please get in touch with us at

Where should I register my company?
FAQ Hover Off

US Residents
If you are a US resident, your best bet is to register in the state where you live and work, rather than Wyoming or Delaware, where you do not operate in. If, on the other hand, you want to prepare your startup for Angel and VC investments, we recommend that you incorporate your company as a corporation in Delaware and foreign qualify the business in the state where you conduct business. Normally, this refers to the state where the founders are located and is often the home of one of the founders.

Non-US Residents
If you are a Non-US resident and do not have any US residents on your team, your best option is to either incorporate in Delaware or Wyoming. If you plan to raise funds from angel investors or venture capitalists, you will need to incorporate a Corporation in Delaware instead of Wyoming.

Will I have a US Address?
FAQ Hover Off

The registered agent address that comes with the plan serves as your US Mailing Address. You are entitled to receive and scan up to 10 regular mails per year. Mail from the state does not count against this quota because the Registered Agent is required by law to accept mail from state government on your behalf.

Can I convert a LLC to Corporation?
FAQ Hover Off

Yes. If you want to convert your LLC to a Corporation at a certain stage, we can definitely help with that.

What is a Registered Agent?
FAQ Hover Off

A registered agent's role is to provide a legal address (not a P.O. Box) within that jurisdiction where there are people available during normal business hours to facilitate legal service of process in the event of legal action or lawsuit. The registered agent's address must be the same as the state in which you are registering.

Which countries are not allowed to register a U.S. Company?
FAQ Hover Off

In an ideal world, we would want to offer service to everyone. Citizens of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria, unfortunately, cannot form a legal company in the United States. We will continue to update this list as things change, so please check back frequently.

Can I have a U.S. company without being there?
FAQ Hover Off

Absolutely! US LLCs and C Corporations have a very flexible structure that is ideal for global companies, startups, freelancers, agencies, and digital nomads.

Why should I start my company in the US?
FAQ Hover Off

Access to U.S.-based customers, venture capital, tax benefits, banks, accelerators, payment providers and lines of credit are among the benefits of starting a business in the United States. American customers also have a high level of comfort purchasing digital and physical products from U.S.-based companies.

Should I form a LLC or Corporation?
FAQ Hover Off

There are few factors to consider, but in general, you will choose between being a tax efficient LLC or investor-friendly C Corporation (Inc.). If you plan to raise funding soon, a C Corporation is a good option; otherwise, register as an LLC for a simpler structure, reduced paperwork and potentially not paying U.S. federal taxes.

Do I need to pay taxes in the US?
FAQ Hover Off

In general, if the members of a US LLC are foreigners and the entity does not have any US-connected income, the company will not be subject to US federal taxation. Even if you sell to customers in the US, simply selling products or services through your US company does not subject you to US federal taxes. However, if you incorporate a US C Corporation, you will be subjected to 21% federal income tax.

Which is the best state to incorporate in the US?
FAQ Hover Off

Delaware and Wyoming are the top two choices for non-US founders all over the world. Delaware's business laws provide the strongest protection for businesses and are commonly preferred by VCs and angel investors, whereas Wyoming is known for its low annual fees, anonymity and simplicity. If you have compelling reasons to incorporate in a state other than Delaware or Wyoming, we can still assist you because we serve all 50 states.

What is a Non-US person?
FAQ Hover Off

Generally, if you are a Non-US Person if:

- You are not a US-citizen
- You do not have a US Green Card
- You do not pass the substantial presence test

Substantial Presence Test calculation is a bit complicated, but general rule of thumb is, if you don't stay in the US for more than 120 days per year, you are safe.

Do I need to visit the US?
FAQ Hover Off

You don't have to physically visit the United States. When it comes to creating a company, we do everything remotely. This means that you can set up a company from from wherever in the world.

Can a foreigner register a Company in the U.S.?
FAQ Hover Off

Yes, absolutely. Individuals residing in or citizens of the following countries, however, will be unable to use our service: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria.

How do I start?
FAQ Hover Off

To begin, you just need to fill out the application on our website. Just click “Start Company” on the header menu of our website, and we will guide you through the process

How long does it take to setup my company?
FAQ Hover Off

In general, it takes 5-21 business days from the moment of filing to the approval of your business registration. The time needed for company registration to be approved depends on the state chosen. The good news is most states allow for expeditions of the process, if you wish to expedite your order, please reach out to us at after you place your order.

What Information do I need to provide?
FAQ Hover Off

StartFleet is committed to providing the simplest and most hassle-free registration process. We only need your passport scan to register your company. When applying for a bank account with one of our partner banks, you will be required to provide a passport and go through their live KYC verification. Anything that requires your signature will be done online via electronic signatures.

What does your Fee Include?
FAQ Hover Off

Our one-time fee covers all state filing fees, company formation or incorporation, obtaining EIN (Tax ID for your company), Post-Incorporation setup (set of essential legal documents), the first year of registered agent fees, US address setup, one free tax consultation, bank account application with our partner bank, and special offers and discounts from our partners.

What are the annual fees?
FAQ Hover Off

All plans have a $329 annual fee from the second year onwards, covering registered agent service, annual state filing, one yearly amendment (excluding state fees) with the state if you want to change the name, address, or ownership. All other items or add-ons renew at the prices listed at the time of renewal. Rates are subject to change.

What is the Refund Policy?
FAQ Hover Off

Upon request, we will refund you if we have not yet submitted your application to the state government. Once the company formation is under review by the government agency or it has been completed, we are unable to process a refund.

Do you have hidden fees?
FAQ Hover Off

There are never any hidden fees — all government fees are built into our pricing.

Will I get a Bank Account?
FAQ Hover Off

Yes. All our packages come with U.S. Business Bank Accounts. In fact, we will help you apply for two banks, so that you could use one as a primary bank account and the other as a backup/secondary bank account. Our team will guide you through the process and will help you get all necessary information to open a business bank account in the U.S. The bank accounts are all FDIC-insured.

Are there any minimum deposits?
FAQ Hover Off

No. Both of the banks that we work with do not impose minimum deposits.

What is FDIC-Insured?
FAQ Hover Off

An FDIC-insured bank account is a type of bank account guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is a government agency that was created to protect consumers from financial loss. FDIC insurance covers all of the accounts that fall under one bank account. But please note that it only assures customers up to $250,000 in each FDIC-insured bank.

What if I want bank accounts at JP Morgan Chase or Bank of America?
FAQ Hover Off

If you need bank accounts from major banks such as JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank or other major banks, please contact us at We work with several major banks, but it depends on many factors, such as the industry you are in, your initial deposit, and whether you are able to travel to the United States.

Will I get a Debit Card?
FAQ Hover Off

Yes, your bank accounts include debit cards, which can be physical or virtual. From the online banking panel, you can choose to issue physical or virtual debit cards to yourself and your employees.

Can I withdraw cash from ATMs with the Debit Card?
FAQ Hover Off

Yes, you can withdraw cash from any ATM machines that is part of the AllPoint Network.

Start acting today!

Fill in the form to start the process of launching your company
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.